Serves 4 - 6
Prep time 15 mins
Cooking time 20 mins
Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Nut Free, Sugar Free, Vegetarian, Vegan
Cumin seeds (heaped tablespoon)
Green curry leaves (fresh if available or dried, 10 - 15 leaves)
Freshly chopped coriander (a handful to cook with and some for garnish)
Crushed garlic (5 cloves)
Crushed green chillis (3 - 4 )
Crushed ginger (a piece about an inch and a half in size)
Red skinned potatoes (5 large spuds, diced small, around 1 cm)
Salt (level teaspoon)
Turmeric powder (level teaspoon)
Fresh lemon juice (half a lemon)
- In a non-stick pan add oil and heat.
- Once hot add cumin and curry leaves until the cumin starts to pop
- Then added the handful of chopped coriander and garlic, chilli and ginger. Keep stirring until garlic is browned but does not burn and stick.
- Once the garlic is browned a little add the chopped potatoes with turmeric and salt.
- Stir all ingredients in well so potatoes are covered with all the spices and herbs.
- Place lid on saucepan and leave to cook until potatoes are all soft but not mush. Keep stirring gently so they do not burn.
- Once potatoes are cooked squeeze half a lemon over the potatoes and give it a little stir.
- Serve into a nice serving bowl and garnish with a few coriander leaves.
Serve with yogurt raita and hot chapati/roti and a little pickle.